High sensitivity bioluminescence imaging for plant applications.
The PhenoAIxpert ES is an advanced imaging solution for detection of bioluminescence effects. Bioluminescence is a widely used reporter for gene activity, molecular interactions, or plant-microbe interactions.
Reliable technology, advanced image processing
Industrial-grade precision sensors
Image acquisition, storage, and analysis
Image processing algorithms, optional machine learning
Metadata, annotation, and analysis directly linked to images
Structured image file administration system
Easy export of images and data
Intuitive graphical user interface
Reproducible and standardizable through unified image and information storage, and analyses
Application-oriented analytical workflows
Phenotypic data include count, size, morphology, and color
Customized phenotyping with artificial intelligence
4 Megapixel industrial-grade enhanced sensitivity imaging sensor with active cooling
12 Megapixel industrial RGB camera
Integrated long lifetime LED-illumination for phenotyping applications
Robust floor-stand imaging cabinet for perfect light shielding
Sample height up to 20 cm
For any (luminescent) sample that fits into the field of view of the cameras, e.g.:
- Single Plants in pots
- Small trays or multi-pot pallets with seedlings
- Microtiter plates or Petri-dishes, e.g. with leaf disks, seeds, fungi, insects, cell and tissue cultures
- Beakers, e.g. for duckweed
- Plant parts, e.g. leaves, roots, fruits, blossoms
Reliable luminescence imaging combined with phenotyping
Arabidopsis plants transformed with 35S-Luciferase construct for ubiquitious expression an all plant cell types and sprayed with Luciferin/DMSO mixture before imaging. Luminescence resulting from the reaction of luciferin and luciferase was recorded with the high sensitivity CCD camera at 10 min exposure time. Spatial distribution of luciferase intensity refers to luciferase presence in the tissue.
Plant growth assay
Trays with growing Arabidopsis plants were imaged with PhenoAIxpert and images were processed for plant growth, morphology and color. Individual plants were identified and phenotypic properties of their visible plant area were assessed. Such tests serve for e.g. candidate screening, genetic studies, treatment effects, environmental responses.
Configuration and options
Imaging of bioluminescence enables time- and space-resolved monitoring of presence, intensity, and localization of luminescence signals in the sample material.
The bioluminescence imaging sensor is combined with high-resolution RGB imaging for standard phenotypic assessments of the analyzed plant material. Images from both sensor systems can be superimposed, thus allowing the analysis of bioluminescence in combination with classical phenotyping.
- The PhenoAIxpert ES has a high-sensitivity high-resolution imaging sensor with a deep-cooled vacuum CCD sensor. Being one of the most sensitive CCD cameras in the world, the system provides optimized photon collection properties and allows for precise recording of weakest light emissions. The camera is dedicated for long exposure times.
- The second camera mounted in the PhenoAIxpert ES is a >12 MPixel RGB industrial grade camera combined with optics and LED illumination optimized for top-view phenotyping of the plant material.