The versatile phenotyping system for laboratories – your entry to the phenotyping world.
For many sample types in plant research, breeding and beyond
- Save time and labor in phenotyping
- Application-oriented analytical workflows
Reproducible and standardizable through unified image and information storage, and analyses
The laboratory phenotyping system is available in three models – PhenoAIxpert, PhenoAIxpert Pro, PhenoAIxpert Root
Reliable technology, advanced image processing
- Image acquisition, storage, and analysis
Image processing algorithms, optional machine learning
Metadata, annotation, and analyisis directly linked to image
- Structured image file administration system
Easy export of images and data
- Intuitive graphical user interface
- 12 Megapixel industrial camera
Phenotypic data include count, size, morphology, and color
Customized phenotyping with artificial intelligence
Arabidopsis growth assay
Trays with growing Arabidopsis plants were imaged with PhenoAIxpert and images were processed for plant growth, morphology and color. Individual plants were identified and phenotypic properties of their visible plant area were assessed. Such tests serve for e.g. candidate screening, genetic studies, treatment effects, environmental responses
Bean plants were exposed to stress and phenotyped for stress responses. Images were recorded and processed with PhenoAIxpert Pro. This system enables vertical and horizontal multi-view imaging. Phenotypic traits comprise growth, morphology, and color analysis, e.g. as stress indicator for chlorosis and necrosis.
Using the PhenoAIxpert Root, traits of soil-grown roots in rhizotrons can be measured. Root properties like root lenght, root density, or root system lenght and width can be assessed.
Phenotyping of seedlings on petri dish
Assessing shoot and root traits of agar-grown seedlings with PhenoAIxpert: shoots and roots are recognized separately and measured for their individual size. In the current example, primary root length, secondary root length, and shoot area were measured for each seedling.
Four models to choose from
- Top view imaging and phenotyping for seedlings, plant parts, petri dishes, MTPs, and other samples.
- Top-view imaging with incident light from top and/or light box for bottom illumination.
Optional Accessories for PhenoAIxpert
- Sample stage as light box—for samples requiring bottom illumination
- Sample holders for standard objects (MTPs, petri dishes, pots)—easy positioning of the samples
- PhenoAIxpert Pro – top and side view imaging and phenotyping.
- Horizontal and vertical views of plants, and multi-view imaging using a turntable for pots.
Optional Accessories for PhenoAIxpert Pro
- Sample holders for pots—easy positioning of the samples
- Set of pots matching the requirements of ImageAIxpert Pro
- Top, side, and root view imaging and phenotyping.
- Simultaneous root- and shoot-imaging of plants, phenotyping of soil-grown roots in high-quality rhizotrons.
Optional Accessories for PhenoAIxpert Root
- Rhizotrons configured for use with ImageAIxpert Root
- Storage rack for Rhizotrons
High sensitivity bioluminescence imaging for plant applications.
The PhenoAIxpert ES is an advanced imaging solution for detection of bioluminescence effects. Bioluminescence is a widely used reporter for gene activity, molecular interactions, or plant-microbe interactions.
Optional Accessories (all versions)
- Image calibration object—ensure constant image quality
- Barcode reader
- Barcode printer
- Database connectivity
We bought a LemnaTec LabScanalyzer (the predecessor of PhenoAIxpert) in July 2018. The instrument was delivered to us and installed remotely by a Lemnatec technician that instructed us about the use of the instrument. We were happy about the service: very good communication and excellent instrument set-up. The Lemnatec LabScanalyzer works nicely and is even more user-friendly than we expected. Almost no training of new users is needed. We hope to expand the uses of the instrument to obtain additional phenotyping options in the future, by interacting with LemnaTec.